Wilderness First Aid (WFA) – 2 days
April 13, 2024 - April 14, 2024
Is this the course for you?
This course is in English.
Read the full WFA course description and get info on learning outcomes, prerequisites, topics covered, equipment, and more.
We host our Toronto area medical courses at YMCA Cedar Glen - a 263 acre outdoor education centre 45 minutes north-west of downtown!
The facility has several buildings as well as outdoor gathering areas that are used for meetings, outdoor education programs, and events which are surrounded by nature and trails.
It’s conveniently located 10 minutes from the town of Bolton and 45 minutes from downtown Toronto.
Students who live nearby usually commute from home.
If you're coming from out of town, the closest hotels are in Bolton, 10 minutes away, and there are a lot of options in Brampton and Toronto.
There are also several rooms, homes, and cabins for rent in the area on Airbnb, Google, and the other online platforms.
Travel distances to YMCA Cedar Glen
- Bolton town centre – hotel, groceries, gas, food: 10 minutes • 5.9km
- Toronto – Pearson International Airport (YYZ): 30 minutes • 29km
- Union Station (train) & Billy Bishop Airport (YTZ): 45 minutes • 53km
- Toronto, Oakville, Mississauga, Markham: 45 minutes
- Hamilton, Burlington, Guelph, Barrie, Oshawa: 55 - 65 minutes
- Kitchener, St. Catherines: 1h25m
- Buffalo (NY), Peterborough (ON), London (ON): 2 hours
- Rochester (NY), Kingston (ON), North Bay (ON): 3 hours
- Detroit (MI), Syracuse (NY): 4 hours
- Cleveland (OH), Ottawa (ON): 5 hours