Micheil (Mike) Cameron Hill
Wilderness Medical Instructor
Mike has been exploring and learning in the outdoors since he was a child. Discovering a place for the first time, or the hundredth, has always been one of his primary joys. Sharing and introducing others to the spirit of the place only makes it better.
Mike has worked as an expedition guide since 2010 canoeing, hiking, and skiing in the Canadian Arctic. Through Boreal River, Mike became a Wilderness Medical Instructor in 2017 combining his interests in health science and the outdoors.
In his remaining time, Mike manages to wander into the clinic to work as an orthopedic physiotherapist.
Originally from Caledon East, Ontario, Mike now makes his home in Ottawa.
Mike’s Certifications Include:
- Hiking Guide – Association of Canadian Mountain Guides
- Swiftwater & Surface Ice Rescue Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician – National Registry of EMTs
- Wilderness Medical Instructor with Wilderness Medical Associates Canada
- Registered Physiotherapist – College of Physiotherapists Ontario
Facebook: mike.hill.pt Featuring short videos discussing injury prevention relevant to paddling, climbing, hiking.